Last updated Saturday, February 18, 2017, at 11:30 a.m.
The Office of Human Resources is committed to ensuring that the City of Baker School System (CoBSS) attracts, develops, and retains the highly skilled and motivated work-force required for effective teaching and learning in all of our schools. To this end, we seek to hire individuals with a strong commitment to public education and who drive student achievement.
The CoBSS requires all applicants to submit (scan & email, fax, OR hand-deliver) the following documents:
- CoBSS Employment Application,
- Cover Letter of Intent with the Specific Position(s) Being Sought,
- Copy of your up-to-date and valid Louisiana teaching certificate (in accordance with Bulletin 746 requirements for the position), if applicable, and
- 3 Letters of Professional Reference or 3 Teacher Reference Forms (teachers only) dated on or after July 1, 2015; however, applicants can provide actual professional reference letters at a later date since the Employment Application requires three professional references to be listed
NOTE: You may 1) scan and email this information to firstname.lastname@example.org with a carbon copy to email@example.com, 2) fax to the attention of the CoBSS HR Department at (225) 774-5797, or 3) hand deliver to 14750 Plank Road (corner of Pettit Road and Plank Road), Baker, LA 70714. The Main District Office number is (225) 774-5795 and HR can be reached at (225) 778-2379.
Applications will be forwarded to principals or other hiring managers, and upon prompt by those individuals, applicants will be sent to fingerprinting ($48.00 cost) and to drug & alcohol screening (no cost) with the appropriate authorization documents issued by HR. After clearance of both screenings, HR will alert that a hiring manager may make a recommendation for hire; however, it is only after the Superintendent has signed off that one is hired. The applicant is then called in to complete New Hire paperwork. Caveat: There are some convictions in which school systems cannot move forward with an application after it has been submitted.
The CoBSS is seeking to fill vacancies or is building an applicant pool in the following positions (must be certified according to Bulletin 746):
- District-Wide 9, 10, or 11 month Academic Instructional Technology Specialist NOTE: Hold at least a Louisiana teaching certificate with at least three years of teaching experience with the appropriate minimum hours of technology courses & experience years, and other requirements of Ed Technology Areas in Bulletin 746. The approved Academic Instructional Technology Specialist job description can be emailed upon request (firstname.lastname@example.org) to provide more details.
- Part-Time (29 hours or less) or Full Time Senior Accountant NOTE: Hold at least a Bachelor's degree and/or have at least four years of job-related experience; however, an equivalent combination of education and experience can be configured. A Certified Public Accountant (CPA) designation and/or certification is desirable. The approved Senior Accountant job description can be emailed upon request (email@example.com) to provide more details.
- K-5th Elementary Certified Teacher or Long Term College-Degreed Sub with extensive coursework/background/teaching experience with elementary students.
- K-12 Certified Teacher or Long Term College-Degreed Sub with extensive coursework/background/teaching experience with students in alternative center settings
- 6th-8th Grade Certified SPED Mild Moderate 1st-12th Grade Teacher or Long Term College-Degreed Sub with extensive Exceptional Student coursework/background/teaching experience
- 6th-8th Grade Certified English Teacher or Long Term College-Degreed Sub with extensive English Language Arts and/or Reading coursework/background/teaching experience
- 6th-8th Grade Certified Middle School Certified Science Teacher or Long Term College-Degreed Sub with extensive Science coursework/background/teaching experience
- 6th-8th Grade Certified Middle School Math Teacher or Long Term College-Degreed Sub with extensive Math coursework/background/teaching experience
- 9th-12th Grade Certified Environmental Science and Physical Science Teacher or Long Term College-Degreed Sub with extensive Science coursework/background/teaching experience
- District Wide Substitute Teachers (four year college degree required)
- District Wide Substitute Paraprofessionals (must have Associate’s Degree or higher, 450 on Para Pro PRAXIS Assessment, OR 48 hours of college credit [6 Math, 6 Reading/English, 3 English Composition, and 33 other])
- Substitute Bus Drivers (Must possess P & S Endorsements on CDL and training according to Bulletin 119)
The City of Baker School Board is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The CoBSS does not discriminate on the basis of
race, color, national origin, gender, age, or qualified disability.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required Employment Eligibility Verification Document Form upon hire.