Last updated May 26, 2017, at 6:35 a.m.
The Office of Human Resources is committed to ensuring that the City of Baker School System (CoBSS) attracts, develops, and retains the highly skilled and motivated work-force required for effective teaching and learning in all of our schools. To this end, we seek to hire individuals with a strong commitment to public education and who drive student achievement.
The CoBSS requires all applicants to submit (scan & email, fax, OR hand-deliver) the following documents:
- CoBSS Employment Application,
- Cover Letter of Intent with the Specific Position(s) Being Sought,
- Copy of your up-to-date and valid Louisiana teaching certificate (in accordance with Bulletin 746 requirements for the position), if applicable, and
- 3 Letters of Professional Reference or 3 Teacher Reference Forms (teachers only) dated on or after July 1, 2016; however, applicants can provide actual professional reference letters at a later date since the Employment Application requires three professional references to be listed
NOTE: You may 1) scan and email this information to email@example.com with a carbon copy to firstname.lastname@example.org, 2) fax to the attention of the CoBSS HR Department at (225) 774-5797, or 3) hand deliver to 14750 Plank Road (corner of Pettit Road and Plank Road), Baker, LA 70714. The Main District Office number is (225) 774-5795 and HR can be reached at (225) 778-2379.
Applications will be forwarded to principals or other hiring managers, and upon prompt by those individuals, applicants will be sent to fingerprinting ($48.00 cost) and to drug & alcohol screening (no cost) with the appropriate authorization documents issued by HR. After clearance of both screenings, HR will alert that a hiring manager may make a recommendation for hire; however, it is only after the Superintendent has signed off that one is hired. The applicant is then called in to complete New Hire paperwork. Caveat: There are some convictions in which school systems cannot move forward with an application after it has been submitted.
The CoBSS seeks to fill vacancies or is building an applicant pool in the following positions (must be certified according to Bulletin 746):
- 9, 10, or 11 month Academic Instructional Technology Specialist NOTE: Hold at least a Louisiana teaching certificate with at least three years of teaching experience with the appropriate minimum hours of technology courses & experience years, and other requirements of Ed Technology Areas in Bulletin 746. The approved Academic Instructional Technology Specialist job description can be emailed upon request (email@example.com).
PUPIL APPRAISAL/SPECIAL EDUCATION DEPARTMENT
- 12 Month Secretary of Special Education and Special Education Records (SER) Specialist for School Year 2017-2018 NOTE: Applicants should have at least a high school diploma and have proficient skills in various computer programs such as Office, Word, Excel, and Access. In addition to at least two years experience as a SER Specialist, experience with Ed Performance, Academy of Math, AEPSi, and Medicaid Services are ideal. The approved SPED Secretary & SER Specialist job description can be emailed upon request at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Full Time 10 month Educational Diagnostician for School Year 2017-2018 NOTE: Please see Section 663 Educational Diagnostician (Special Education) in Bulletin 746 for specific licensure requirements for Educational Diagnosticians. The approved Educational Diagnostician job description can be emailed upon request at email@example.com.
- Part Time or Full Time 09 Month School Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW) for School Year 2017-2018 NOTE: Please see Section 413 Social Worker in Bulletin 746 for specific licensure requirements for School Licensed Clinical Social Workers. The approved Licensed Clinical Social Worker job description can be emailed upon request at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 9th-12th Grade Certified Special Education Teacher (Self-Contained Setting AND Resource Setting) for School Year 2017-18
- 6th-8th Grade Certified Special Education Teacher (Self-Contained Setting AND Resource Setting) for School Year 2017-18
- K-5th Grade Certified Special Education Teacher (Self-Contained Setting and Resource Setting) for School Year 2017-18
- District Wide Full Time 09 month Paraprofessionals (must have Associate’s Degree or higher, 450 on Para Pro PRAXIS Assessment, OR 48 hours of college credit [6 Math, 6 Reading/English, 3 English Composition, and 33 other including up to 12 hours of remedial courses]) for School Year 2017-18
- District Wide Full Time 09 month Academic Interventionist Paraprofessionals (must have a four year college degree from an accredited institution) for School Year 2017-18
BUSINESS AND FINANCE DEPARTMENT FOR THE REMAINDER OF THIS 2016-2017 FISCAL YEAR ENDING 6/30/2017
- 12 Month Payroll Accountant NOTE: The Payroll Accountant should possess ideally at least two years payroll preparation and reporting experience. Moreover, preference will be given to individuals with school system payroll experience. A Bachelor of Science degree in accounting may substitute for the two years experience. The approved Payroll Accountant job description can be emailed upon request at email@example.com.
ELEMENTARY VACANCIES OR APPLICANT POOL FOR 2017-2018 SCHOOL YEAR
- 09 and 10 month PreK-3rd/K-5th/1st-5th Elementary and 4th-8th Grade Upper Elementary Certified Teachers
- 09 month Health & Physical Education Certified Teacher
MIDDLE SCHOOL VACANCIES OR APPLICANT POOL FOR 2017-2018 SCHOOL YEAR
- Non-Administrative 09 or 10 month Dean of Students (Building a potential pool if a vacancy becomes available)
- 6th-8th Grade Certified 09 and 10 month English Language Arts Teachers
- 6th-8th Grade Certified 09 and 10 month Middle School Certified Science Teachers
- 6th-8th Grade Certified 09 and 10 month Middle School Math Teachers
- 6th-8th Grade Certified 09 and 10 month Middle School Social Studies Teachers
- 6th-8th Grade Certified 09 month Health & Physical Education Teachers
SECONDARY (HIGH SCHOOL) VACANCIES OR APPLICANT POOL FOR 2017-2018 SCHOOL YEAR
- 09 month 9th-12th Grade Certified Science Teachers (Biology, Chemistry, Physics, Earth Science, Env Science, Phys Science or Gen Science)
- 09 month 9th-12th Grade Certified English Language Arts Teachers
- 09 month 9th-12th Grade Certified Math Teachers
- 09 month 9th-12th Grade Certified Social Studies Teachers
- 09 month Spanish Certified Teacher *Spanish & French certification ideal but not required
- 09 month Mild Moderate OR Significant Disability Special Education Teacher
- 09 month Family & Consumer Sciences (formerly known as Home Economics) Teacher
- 09 month Health & Physical Education Teacher
- 09 month Carpentry Teacher OR comparable Career Technical Trade and Industrial Education (CTTIE) Teacher
- 10 month Guidance Clerk
SUBSTITUTE VACANCIES OR APPLICANT POOL FOR 2017-2018 SCHOOL YEAR
- District Wide Substitute Teachers (four year college degree required)
- District Wide Substitute Paraprofessionals (must have Associate’s Degree or higher from accredited university, 450 on Para Pro PRAXIS Assessment, OR 48 hours of college credit [6 Math, 6 Reading/English, 3 English Composition, and 33 other])
- District Wide Substitute Academic Interventionist Paraprofessionals (must have a four year accredited college degree)
STUDENT SUPPORT SERVICES (TRANSPORTATION) DEPARTMENT FOR 2016-2017 SCHOOL YEAR
- Substitute Bus Drivers (Must already possess P & S Endorsements on CDL and training according to Bulletin 119)
NOTE: As of today's date, there are no vacancies for custodial and school food service technician positions; however, there is strong likelihood for a limited number of vacancies in the 2017-2018 School Year.
The City of Baker School Board is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The CoBSS does not discriminate on the basis of
race, color, national origin, gender, age, or qualified disability.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required Employment Eligibility Verification Document Form upon hire.