Welcome, Baker Middle families to the counselor’s corner!!!
I am Ms. Young, your school counselor! I graduated from the University of Southern Mississippi with my Masters of Education in School Counseling and Guidance Services.
I am here to help provide a guidance program that will address children's needs through a developmental and preventative approach. With the help of teachers and administrators, the guidance program provides a caring atmosphere which will enable students to develop emotionally, socially and academically. In addition, the guidance program offers various services to enhance the quality of students’ school experience.
The students are always free to contact me by making an appointment or writing a note and putting it in my mailbox outside the door.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact the guidance office by emailing me at email@example.com or calling the office at 225.
Services offered to our students and parents:
- Honor Roll Breakfast of Champions
- Honor Roll Celebration
- Standardized Testing—iLEAP and LEAP testing
- Algebra I End of Course testing
- Academic conferences
- Progress reports and Report Card Grades
- Arrangement of parent-teacher conferences - You can request a conference via phone or a conference at the school with all of your student's teachers.
- Awards Day
- LEAP 2025: Analyzing Test Data to Improve Student Achievement
- Creating a list of students’ test data from Dept. of Education website
- Test Security
- Creating a Positive Testing Environment
- LEAP 360 Diagnostic and Interim Assessments
- Individual and group counseling sessions
- Classroom presentations about bullying and internet safety
- Administer the ACT EXPLORE Test to eighth-grade students
- Interpret EXPLORE test results with eighth-grade students
- Assist all eighth-grade students in the completion of a 5-Year Educational Plan
- Work Permits provided on request
- 504: Working with parents and students who have been provided with Individual Accommodation Plans
- SBLC /Referrals for special services
- Intelligence Tests: Administers KBIT2 test
- Arrangement for student assignments during prolonged absences (3 days or longer)
Programs, Presentations, Activities
- Red Ribbon Week
- School Counseling Week
Periodically contact your child's teacher to always be aware of the progress of your child.
Baker Middle School
2550 South Street, Baker, Louisiana 70714