The Baker Middle School Counselor is a very active and supportive part of our school's setting. We offer services for our students as they cope with adjusting to the life of becoming an early teen. It can be a confusing time for young people, but the counselor is always there to lend a hand, a shoulder, or advice to help these young people cope.
We strive to provide an overall, comprehensive school counseling environment that meets the academic, personal and social needs of all students. One of the primary goals is to make student transitions easier so that each student becomes a well-rounded and responsible individual.
Services offered to our students and parents:
- Honor Roll Breakfast of Champions
- Honor Roll Celebration
- Standardized Testing—iLEAP and LEAP testing
- Algebra I End of Course testing
- Academic conferences
- Progress reports and Report Card Grades
- Arrangement of parent-teacher conferences - You can request a conference via phone or a conference at the school with all of your student's teachers.
- Awards Day
- LEAP 2025: Analyzing Test Data to Improve Student Achievement
- Creating a list of students’ test data from Dept. of Education website
- Test Security
- Creating a Positive Testing Environment
- LEAP 360 Diagnostic and Interim Assessments
- Individual and group counseling sessions
- Classroom presentations about bullying and internet safety
- Administer the ACT EXPLORE Test to eighth-grade students
- Interpret EXPLORE test results with eighth-grade students
- Assist all eighth-grade students in the completion of a 5-Year Educational Plan
- Work Permits provided on request
- 504: Working with parents and students who have been provided with Individual Accommodation Plans
- SBLC /Referrals for special services
- Intelligence Tests: Administers KBIT2 test
- Arrangement for student assignments during prolonged absences (3 days or longer)
Programs, Presentations, Activities
- Red Ribbon Week
- School Counseling Week
Periodically contact your child's teacher to always be aware of the progress of your child.