Last Updated, Monday, January 24, 2022, at 7:22 a.m.
The Office of Human Resources is committed to ensuring that the City of Baker School System (CoBSS) attracts, develops, and retains the highly skilled and motivated work-force required for effective teaching and learning in all of our schools. To this end, we seek to hire individuals with a strong commitment to public education and who drive student achievement. The online application address, with user creating her/his own username and password, is: https://bakerschools.tedk12.com/hire
The CoBSS requires all applicants to submit (online application, scan & email, fax, OR hand-deliver) the following documents:
- CoBSS Employment Application,
- Cover Letter of Intent with the Specific Position(s) Being Sought,
- Copy of your up-to-date and valid Louisiana teaching certificate (in accordance with Bulletin 746 requirements for the position), if applicable, and
- 3 Letters of Professional Reference or 3 Teacher Reference Forms (teachers only) dated on or after July 1, 2020; however, applicants can provide actual professional reference letters at a later date since the Employment Application requires three professional references to be listed.
NOTE: You may 1) scan and email the Employment Application and supporting documents to email@example.com with a carbon copy to firstname.lastname@example.org, 2) fax to the attention of the CoBSS HR Department at (225) 774-5797, or 3) hand deliver to 14750 Plank Road (corner of Pettit Road and Plank Road), Baker, LA 70714. The Main District Office number is (225) 774-5795 and HR can be reached at (225) 778-2379.
Applications will be forwarded to principals/hiring managers, and upon prompt, applicants will be sent to fingerprinting ($39.25 + $10 money orders/cashier's checks OR $49.25 credit/debit card with $2.99 convenience fee) and to drug & alcohol screening (no cost) with the appropriate authorization documents issued by HR. After clearance of both screenings, HR will alert that a hiring manager may make a recommendation for hire; however, it is only after the Superintendent has signed off that one is hired. The applicant is then called in to complete New Hire paperwork. Caveat: There are some convictions of which a school system cannot hire an applicant.
- 09 month Bus Operators (Must have 2 full years of school bus driving experience and Passenger & School Bus Endorsement.)
Substitute Teachers (High School Diploma $70 per day or College Degreed $85 per day)
- 09 month Interventionist ELA and Math Teacher NOTE: This is ESSER funded through 5-20-22
- The District is consistently seeking qualified certified or practitioner-eligible teachers (elementary, middle school, high school, and special education) in the event there is a vacancy at any moment. Applications are pulled to fill these types of vacancies or if a need arises.
- 12 month Substitute Custodians
The City of Baker School Board is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The CoBSS does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, gender, age, or qualified disability.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required Employment Eligibility Verification Document Form upon hire.