Last Updated, Monday, 05-10-2021 for the week of Monday-Sunday, 05-10-21 to 05-16-21
The Office of Human Resources is committed to ensuring that the City of Baker School System (CoBSS) attracts, develops, and retains the highly skilled and motivated work-force required for effective teaching and learning in all of our schools. To this end, we seek to hire individuals with a strong commitment to public education and who drive student achievement. The online application address, with user creating her/his own username and password, is: https://bakerschools.tedk12.com/hire
The CoBSS requires all applicants to submit (online application, scan & email, fax, OR hand-deliver) the following documents:
- CoBSS Employment Application,
- Cover Letter of Intent with the Specific Position(s) Being Sought,
- Copy of your up-to-date and valid Louisiana teaching certificate (in accordance with Bulletin 746 requirements for the position), if applicable, and
- 3 Letters of Professional Reference or 3 Teacher Reference Forms (teachers only) dated on or after July 1, 2019; however, applicants can provide actual professional reference letters at a later date since the Employment Application requires three professional references to be listed.
NOTE: You may 1) scan and email the Employment Application and supporting documents to firstname.lastname@example.org with a carbon copy to email@example.com, 2) fax to the attention of the CoBSS HR Department at (225) 774-5797, or 3) hand deliver to 14750 Plank Road (corner of Pettit Road and Plank Road), Baker, LA 70714. The Main District Office number is (225) 774-5795 and HR can be reached at (225) 778-2379.
Applications will be forwarded to principals or other hiring managers, and upon prompt by those individuals, applicants will be sent to fingerprinting ($39.25 + $10 money orders/cashier's checks OR $49.25 credit/debit card with $2.99 convenience fee) and to drug & alcohol screening (no cost) with the appropriate authorization documents issued by HR. After clearance of both screenings, HR will alert that a hiring manager may make a recommendation for hire; however, it is only after the Superintendent has signed off that one is hired. The applicant is then called in to complete New Hire paperwork. Caveat: There are some convictions of which a school system cannot hire an applicant.
BUILDING A POOL OF CERTIFIED TEACHERS/PROFESSIONAL PERSONNEL FOR NEXT SCHOOL YEAR 2021-2022 POTENTIAL VACANCIES
- Athletic Director (12 month)
- High School Faculty Head Football Coach (Faculty Coaches shall hold the position of teacher, administrator, dean of students, librarian, or school counselor or any combination of these responsibilities on a full time basis by the school system.)
- Educational Leaders: Principals (12 month)
- Educational Leaders: Assistant Principals (11 month)
- Elementary School: Professional School Guidance Counselor (10 month)
- Middle School: Professional School Guidance Counselor (10 month)
- High School: Professional School Guidance Counselor (10 month)
- 09 month Pre-K Certified Teacher (PreK-3rd Grade Early Childhood)
- 09 month Elementary Certified 1st-5th, K-5th, and 1st-8th Teachers
- 09 month Middle School 4th-8th, 6th-8th, 1st-8th, or 6th-12th Social Studies, Science, Mathematics, and English Language Arts Teachers
- 09 month Secondary 9th-12th/6th-12th Social Studies, Science, Mathematics, and English Language Arts Teachers
- 09 month Special Ed Mild Moderate (Elem, Middle, and High) Teachers
- 09 month Special Education Pre-K Non-Categorical Birth to Five Teacher
- 09 month Health & Physical Education Teachers
- 09 month Spanish Teacher
- Arts, A/V Technology & Communication
- Health Sciences
- Certified Nursing Assistant
- Dental Assistant
- Business Management
- Hospitality & Tourism
- Bus Operators with P & S Endorsements
- Substitute Teachers (High School Diploma $70 per day)
- Substitute Teachers (College Degreed $85 per day)
- Highly Qualified Paraprofessionals (Associate's Degree or higher, 450 score on PRAXIS Para Assessment, or 48 college hours with 6 hours in English Composition, 6 hours in Math, 6 hours in Reading or English, and 33 hours in anything else including up to 15 hours of remedial courses)
The City of Baker School Board is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The CoBSS does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, gender, age, or qualified disability.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required Employment Eligibility Verification Document Form upon hire.