Last Updated, Monday, 12-16-2019 for the week of Monday-Sunday, 12-16-2019 to 12-22-2019
The Office of Human Resources is committed to ensuring that the City of Baker School System (CoBSS) attracts, develops, and retains the highly skilled and motivated work-force required for effective teaching and learning in all of our schools. To this end, we seek to hire individuals with a strong commitment to public education and who drive student achievement. The online application address, with user creating her/his own username and password, is: https://bakerschools.tedk12.com/hire
The CoBSS requires all applicants to submit (online application, scan & email, fax, OR hand-deliver) the following documents:
- CoBSS Employment Application,
- Cover Letter of Intent with the Specific Position(s) Being Sought,
- Copy of your up-to-date and valid Louisiana teaching certificate (in accordance with Bulletin 746 requirements for the position), if applicable, and
- 3 Letters of Professional Reference or 3 Teacher Reference Forms (teachers only) dated on or after July 1, 2018; however, applicants can provide actual professional reference letters at a later date since the Employment Application requires three professional references to be listed.
NOTE: You may 1) scan and email the Employment Application and supporting documents to email@example.com with a carbon copy to firstname.lastname@example.org, 2) fax to the attention of the CoBSS HR Department at (225) 774-5797, or 3) hand deliver to 14750 Plank Road (corner of Pettit Road and Plank Road), Baker, LA 70714. The Main District Office number is (225) 774-5795 and HR can be reached at (225) 778-2379.
Applications will be forwarded to principals or other hiring managers, and upon prompt by those individuals, applicants will be sent to fingerprinting ($39.25 + $10 money orders/cashier's checks OR $49.25 credit/debit card with $2.99 convenience fee) and to drug & alcohol screening (no cost) with the appropriate authorization documents issued by HR. After clearance of both screenings, HR will alert that a hiring manager may make a recommendation for hire; however, it is only after the Superintendent has signed off that one is hired. The applicant is then called in to complete New Hire paperwork. Caveat: There are some convictions of which a school system cannot hire an applicant.
DISTRICT WIDE LIMITED LANGUAGE PROGRAM
*Part Time (up to 20 hours per week) Spanish K-12 Teacher and/or Courses Completed in Methods for Teaching English as a Second Language, Introduction to Language & Culture, Structure of English Language, and/or Curriculum Design for the Multicultural Classroom
SUBSTITUTE CUSTODIAN-MAINTENANCE-JANITORIAL EMPLOYEE. NOTE: THERE ARE NO CURRENT FULL-TIME CUSTODIAL-MAINTENANCE POSITIONS
- District Wide Substitute Teachers (four year college degree required)
- Building a Pool in the Event That There Is Vacancy for District Wide Full Time OR Substitute Paraprofessionals (must have Associate’s Degree or higher from accredited university, 450 on Para Pro PRAXIS Assessment, OR 48 hours of college credit [6 hours Math, 6 hours Reading or 6 hours English, 3 hours English Composition, and 33 hours can be in anything including up to 15 hours of remedial coursework.]) NOTE: There are no vacancies at this time!
- Building a Pool in the Event That There is a Vacancy for District Wide Full Time Academic Interventionist Paraprofessionals (must have a four year accredited college degree) NOTE: There are no vacancies at this time!
The City of Baker School Board is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The CoBSS does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, gender, age, or qualified disability.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required Employment Eligibility Verification Document Form upon hire.