Last Updated Wednesday, January 16, 2019, at 9:50 a.m.
The Office of Human Resources is committed to ensuring that the City of Baker School System (CoBSS) attracts, develops, and retains the highly skilled and motivated work-force required for effective teaching and learning in all of our schools. To this end, we seek to hire individuals with a strong commitment to public education and who drive student achievement.
The CoBSS requires all applicants to submit (scan & email, fax, OR hand-deliver) the following documents:
- CoBSS Employment Application,
- Cover Letter of Intent with the Specific Position(s) Being Sought,
- Copy of your up-to-date and valid Louisiana teaching certificate (in accordance with Bulletin 746 requirements for the position), if applicable, and
- 3 Letters of Professional Reference or 3 Teacher Reference Forms (teachers only) dated on or after July 1, 2017; however, applicants can provide actual professional reference letters at a later date since the Employment Application requires three professional references to be listed.
NOTE: You may 1) scan and email this information to email@example.com with a carbon copy to firstname.lastname@example.org, 2) fax to the attention of the CoBSS HR Department at (225) 774-5797, or 3) hand deliver to 14750 Plank Road (corner of Pettit Road and Plank Road), Baker, LA 70714. The Main District Office number is (225) 774-5795 and HR can be reached at (225) 778-2379.
Applications will be forwarded to principals or other hiring managers, and upon prompt by those individuals, applicants will be sent to fingerprinting ($48.00 cost) and to drug & alcohol screening (no cost) with the appropriate authorization documents issued by HR. After clearance of both screenings, HR will alert that a hiring manager may make a recommendation for hire; however, it is only after the Superintendent has signed off that one is hired. The applicant is then called in to complete New Hire paperwork. Caveat: There are some convictions in which a school system cannot hire an applicant.
The CoBSS seeks to fill vacancies or build an applicant pool in the following positions (certified according to Bulletin 746):
BUILDING A POOL OF POTENTIAL TEACHER APPLICANTS FOR 2018-2019 SCHOOL YEAR
Already certified applicants OR potential candidates for certification are encouraged to apply for potential vacancies in the 2nd semester of this 2018-2019 School Year and also for the upcoming 2019-2020 School Year. The 4 criteria to gain admissions into an alternative certification program include:
1) undergraduate degree from accredited four year institution, and
2) 2.5 g.p.a. in last 60 hours of coursework, and
3a) Master's degree from accredited four year university in anything, or
3b) PRAXIS I Reading, Writing, and Math passage scores, or
3c) ACT composite score of at least 22, or
3d) SAT score of 1030 on math + verbal, and
4) PRAXIS II passage in content area to be taught
Baker High School No Vacancies as of Date
Baker Heights + Bakerfield Elementary Schools Pre-K Teacher
4th Grade Teacher
Park Ridge Academic K-8th Magnet School No Vacancies as of Date
Baker Middle School No Vacancies as of Date
- District Wide Substitute Teachers (four year college degree required)
- District Wide Full Time OR Substitute Paraprofessionals (must have Associate’s Degree or higher from accredited university, 450 on Para Pro PRAXIS Assessment, OR 48 hours of college credit [6 hours Math, 6 hours Reading or 6 hours English, 3 hours English Composition, and 33 hours can be in anything including up to 15 hours of remedial coursework.])
- District Wide Full Time Academic Interventionist Paraprofessionals (must have a four year accredited college degree)
SUB BUS DRIVERS 2018-19 (Must possess P & S Endorsements on CDL license and Bulletin 119 required training)
SCHOOL FOOD SERVICE FULL TIME OR SUBSTITUTE TECHNICIANS 2018-19 * No vacancies as of date
The City of Baker School Board is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The CoBSS does not discriminate on the basis of
race, color, national origin, gender, age, or qualified disability.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required Employment Eligibility Verification Document Form upon hire.